Pokemon Go continues to celebrate its 5th anniversary, this time with a new collection challenge and a bunch of limited time field research missions.
The new fifth anniversary collection and field research pair nicely with other celebratory elements of the game for this milestone including the return of jump-start research and the debut of a new form of flying Pikachu with balloons. While all this stuff is running, much else about Pokemon continues to tick along in the background, including the current field research missions and egg hatches.
Fifth Anniversary Collection Rewards & Pokemon List
As with any celebratory event, it’s not just about celebrating the game – it’s about getting those sweet rewards. The Pokemon Go Fifth Anniversary Collection rewards and Pokemon List aren’t earth shattering but also are worth chasing, especially since you’ve got over a week to do so.
For completing the Pokemon Go fifth anniversary collection challenge before it times out on January 15 at 8pm local time, you’ll be able to grab a reward of 3x Rare Candy, 80x Pokeballs, and a guaranteed encounter with a Flying Pikachu with balloons including a 5th anniversary balloon.
The Pokemon you’ll need to catch can almost all universally be found in one of three different ways – though there are a couple of exceptions, as we’ll note. Here’s how you should go about catching the collection challenge Pokemon:
- In the Wild: every single Pokemon in this task except for three can be found in regular wild spawns. Using incense can help to increase spawns, remember.
- Lure Modules: every Pokemon required for this task is attracted to the use of Lure Modules for the entirety of the fifth anniversary event. Lures also last for a full hour during the event. Dropping a lure is arguably the best and easiest way to try to find all of them.
- Raids: the four rarest Pokemon in this collection are Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, and Flying Pikachu. All four of them are appearing in one-star raids for the duration of the anniversary event.
- Field Research: all but one of the Pokemon required for the collection can be found as a reward for one piece of Field Research or another. Check our full July 2021 Field Research list for more information on which you’ll need to complete to trigger an encounter for each Pokemon.
For the sake of being clear, here’s the critters you’ll need to catch for the Pokemon Go fifth anniversary collection challenge, and where you can typically find them:
- Flying Pikachu
Pokemon Go Fifth Anniversary Research & Rewards
As well as the collection challenge, your regular list of Field Research Missions is of course augmented with some additional special missions just for the fifth anniversary. These missions will spawn at random when you spin a Pokestop out in the world during the duration of the fifth anniversary event, through until 8pm local time on July 15. This pairs nicely with the returning Jump-Start research, if you’re yet to complete that.
Many of these missions gift you encounters with the very Pokemon required to complete the Collection challenge that’s listed above. Here’s the 5th anniversary research tasks and their rewards:
- Catch 5 Pokemon: Bulbasaur / Charmander / Squirtle encounter
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon: Chikorita / Cyndaquil / Totodile encounter
- Take 5 snapshots of wild Pokemon: Treecko / Torchic / Mudkip encounter
- Make 5 Great Throws: Turtwig / Chimchar / Piplup encounter
- Send 5 Gifts to friends: Snivy / Tepig / Oshawott encounter
- Spin 5 PokeStops or Gyms: Chespin / Fennekin / Froakie encounter
- Earn 2 Candies walking with your buddy: 8x Pokeballs
The post Pokemon Go Fifth Anniversary: Collection challenge, Research, and their rewards appeared first on VG247.